And these days, every part of your Laptop can withstand extreme temperatures, but your Laptop will get hot when you exceed the usage limit. Especially for those who are advanced users like gamers, editors, or photographers. Because a high-end Laptop always includes a high-end graphics card, CPU, and battery, which can cause overheating.
And an overheating Laptop can damage your motherboard, CPU, and even your graphic card.
So in this situation, a laptop cooling pad comes in handy to prevent overheating and damage to a Laptop. No matter how advanced your laptop cooling system is, an external laptop cooling pad always provides extra cooling.
Table of Contents
What is a Laptop Cooling Pad?
First of all, you need to understand what a base cooler is and what its contribution to the performance of a laptop is.
The refrigerated bases are equipment on which you place your laptop, so the coolers present in it help to lower the temperature.
The idea is to promote cooling of the lower part of the equipment, where the air inlets and outlets are located.
With this, it is possible to contribute to increase the life of the laptop, as well as improve the performance of the equipment, which works better at lower temperatures.
This type of equipment is especially essential in gaming laptops as they tend to get quite hot while running heavy games and programs.
Shopping guide: how to choose the best laptop cooling pad
To choose among the best laptop cooler bases, however, you need to be very careful and think about what the essential points are.
The ideal is to find models that are capable of cooling your laptop, but you also need to think about ergonomics.
So, it’s good to know your equipment and know if it gets too hot or, if that’s the case, based on how much you demand of it, you can already see that you need a more powerful cooler base.
So, be aware of the essential points for purchase with quality.
A cooler base commonly uses one of your laptop’s USB ports for power, so it’s a good idea to opt for base models that contain spare USB ports.
Thus, you guarantee access to inputs, even if those on your laptop are all being used.
Number of fans
Ideally, you should have at least two fans in order to more evenly distribute the cooling throughout the underside of your laptop.
The larger the number of fans, the lighter they tend to be, which saves energy to run them.
It is useless for you to acquire one of the best laptop cooler bases on the market if it is not suitable for the size of your device.
This will directly influence the performance of the base and even the cooling may be impaired, in addition to increasing the risk of accidents.
So, the idea is to check if the model is suitable for displays with the same inches as your equipment, in order to make a more correct and safer use.
The most modern models have extra functions to control the speed of the fans at the base, as well as to reduce noise in certain situations.
Models that can offer these differentials tend to be more interesting for everyday life.
What are the benefits of a Laptop Cooling Pads?
As we’ve already said, laptops can make very interesting contributions to the user, and this goes beyond simply cooling the Laptop.
Clear advantages of using a good cooler base can be considered:
- Laptop cooling;
- Increased useful life of the equipment;
- Decrease in the risk of deterioration of circuits;
- Improves user posture;
- Decreases wrist fatigue;
- Provides greater comfort for using the equipment;
- Increases Laptop performance;
- Decreases the chances of crashes.
With all of this, you are aware that investing in a cooler base can bring you great benefits in your daily life, including an improvement in your own performance and health.
What are the best cooler bases to keep your Laptop cool?
Now that we know a little more about the best Laptops pad that is on the market in 2022, it’s much easier to choose.
Below, we will discuss the five best laptop cooling pads based on high rating and well price, and good performance.
1. Overall Best Laptop Cooling Pad Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB
- Set lights and fan speeds effortlessly: Control lights and fan easily via the built‐in control panel including light mode button, color mode button and fan speed knob
- Supreme ventilation: Steel mesh surface with an integrated 200 millimeter silent fan for optimal airflow and high thermal performance
- Ergonomic comfort: Ergonomically designed with 3 adjustable height settings (3°/ 9° /13°) for the best viewing and typing angle
- Designed for 19 inches gaming notebooks: Utilized a large metal mesh surface to support up to 19 inches gaming laptops
Product details: Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB is a notebook/laptop cooling pad. And it has 256 colors RGB LED lights with five light mode waves, RGB spectrum, pulse, blink, and full light. The product comes with a built-in 200mm fan with a fan speed controller, adjustable for ultra cooling performance. The product also comes with a built-in control panel from where you can control your fan and light. Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB support up to 19” Notebooks/laptop. And it is powered by Laptop USB. The Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB has a steel mesh surface and design with three regular height settings – 3° / 9° / 13° for viewing and typing angles.
♦ 600 – 800 RPM Fan Speed
♦ 10” – 19” Laptop Compatibility
♦ 64 CFM airflow
♦ Five light mode
♦ Ergonomic Concept
- Up to 19” Laptop Compatibility
- 64 CFM airflow
- Ergonomic Concept
- Not Suitable for a high end gaming laptop
2. Targus Lap Chill Mat (AWE55US)
- Fans are powered using a standard USB connection that can be connected to your laptop or computer using a mini-USB cable.
- Includes a USB hub to help share the USB connectivity used to power the built-in fans.
- Dual fans help keep you and your laptop cool. A built-in 4-Port Hub allows connection to peripherals. Adjustable height (4 levels) lets you use as a laptop stand with external keyboard, while the bottom ledge keeps the laptop in place. Velcro straps keep peripheral cables neat and tidy.
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Limited Warranty does not cover products purchased from 3rd party sellers
Product details: The Targas Lap Chill Mat is a comfortable laptop cooling pad that features an ergonomic work surface. To activate this cooling pad, plug the USB connector into the Laptop. This laptop cooling pad comes with dual fans that help keep your Laptop cool. The open design of this product allows the fan to run silently and stimulates constant airflow. Four rubber stops on the laptop cooling pad prevent laptops from slipping. Targus Lap Chill Mat
is made of plastic material.
♦ Slim and lightweight
♦ Ventilated grill and an open design for efficient airflow
♦ Compatible with Laptops 17-inches and under
♦ Stability & Durability
- Slim and lightweight
- Fan Speed: 1200-1900 RPM
- Stability & Durability
- No 3.0 USB
3. KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad
- No component overheating
- Compatible with the following sizes: 17,3 18 and 19 inches. With these sizes, the laptop will extend over the edges of the cooler pad but will remain perfectly stable.
- 4 quiet fans spinning up to 1200 rotations per minute.
- It is a durable yet light pad comes with 5 year warranty*.
- Have 2 rear legs and frontal pegs.
Product details: According to Klim, KLIM Technologies is one of the top brands for laptop cooling pads in the USA. The product comes with four fan setups with up to 1200 RPM speed. KLIM Wind supports up to a 19-inch Laptop. And the product also comes with a brand five-year warranty with two USB ports to power the device.
With this Laptop Cooling Pad, you will also receive a free e-book: 7 tips to keep your computer alive and maximize its performance by email after your purchase. You can also use this product with PS4, Xbox One, or Wii.
♦ Ultra-fast and powerful cooling
♦ Inclination Levels
♦ Sleek Design
♦ 2 USB ports
♦ 5-year warranty
- Up to 19” Laptop Compatibility
- Weight: 1.58 pounds
- Fan Speed: Up to 1200 RPM
- No 3.0 USB
4. ICE COOREL RGB
- Laptop cooling pad has 6 noise-free fans, with blue LED.
- 6 fans can work together, or 3 big fans and 3 small fans run separately, two separate switch control fan speed from 0 to max freely.
- Have built-in two USB ports.
- Have ergonomic design is comfortable all-day using. Laptop cooler stand can be hidden when you don’t use it. Two non-slip baffle can prevent your laptop from following down on a slanting surface. Also, have an enlarged and thickened anti-skid pad at the bottom to keep the laptop stable.
- Suitable for almost all 12”- 17.3” notebooks, such as Dell, MacBook Pro, Alienware, ThinkPad, Lenovo, HP, ASUS, etc.
Product details: The ICE COOREL RGB laptop cooling pad comes with six noise-free fans with blue LED light. The six fans of the laptop cooling pad work together, while the three big fans and three small fans run separately. The Laptop cooling pad comes with an ergonomic design with built-in two USB ports and two individual switch control fan speeds from 0 to max. It suitable for almost all 12”- 17.3” Laptops.
♦ 6 Fan provide super powerful cooling for Laptop
♦ 2 Separate switch control three big fans and three small fan
♦ Ergonomic design
♦ Compatible with all kinds of the notebook under 17 inch
♦ Built-in two USB ports
- 6 Fan
- 2 Separate switch control
- Built-in two USB ports
- No 3.0 USB
5. Pccooler Laptop Cooling Pad
- 2.5mm metal mesh surface to provide excellent airflow, and improve heat dissipation.
- 4 ultra-quiet 85mm fans and 1 powerful silent 110mm fan.
- 10 red cool LED lights, support for 12-17.3 inch laptops
- Fan speed adjustment
- 5mm iron bracket and the structure is stable and safe. High and low 6 angle adjustable settings for various work and game environments.
Product details: The Pccooler laptop cooling pad comes with a 2.5mm metal mesh surface to provide excellent airflow and improve heat dissipation. And the product also comes with four ultra-quiet 85mm fans and one powerful silent 110mm fan. The product support 12-17.3 inch laptops. The product features a Dual USB interface and step-less speed regulation. Pccooler Laptop Cooling Pad features ergonomic design high and low six angle settings.
♦ Honeycomb mesh design
♦ MECHANICAL TEXTURE
♦ NON-SLIP MAT
♦ 6 Adjustable Height Settings
♦ 4 high-speeds 85mm fans with 1400 rpm and one powerful silent 110mm fan with 1100 rpm
- No of Fan: 5
- ✔ NON-SLIP MAT
- 6 Adjustable Height Settings
- No 3.0 USB
6. SOUNDANCE Laptop Cooling Pad
- Large fan
- Ergonomic adjustment
- Supports upto 17.3 inches Laptop
- Smooth edge
7. KLIM Ultimate
- RGB Cooling Pad
- Single Fan
- Comes With 5 effects and 7 colors
- Very Stable and Silent Laptop Stand
- Compatible up to 17″
If you make a purchase through the links on this page, I may receive a small commission. I wrote this review based on my honest experience and my vision of the company. I only write reviews about services and products that I personally use, like, and believe in. I usually try to see good things rather than wasting my time thinking about the drawbacks. I strongly believe that if you take action and dedicate some time and effort, you will get your money worth and change your life for the better. Although I always list “cons” and strive to be as objective as possible, I also think that focusing too much on negative aspects can lead to procrastination and having a negative experience. Learn More.